How To Remove Mildew and Mold From Your Walls and Ceiling

Here is another great â₁“How To” article. The other day after some heavy rains, the ceiling of my house started looking black. I realized that it was mildew which had formed because the time was cold and not much sun was around to warm the place up. A friend of mine made a suggestion as to how to get rid of the mildew. At first I was apprehensive but then decided to try it – and it worked! Now, this is not a paid post nor are there any links for you to click on to go buy any affiliate products or anything like that. This is an honest, to the point article to help you clean away the mildew and mold from your ceilings and wall. Since I am no horse, saying ‘right from the horses mouthâ₉„¢ does not apply, so I am going to say ‘right from the humans mouth.â₉„¢

What you are going to need are a few things that you can easily find around your home. They are:

* Bleach
* Vinegar
* A spray bottle
* A pair of protective goggles
* A gas mask (or a piece of damp cloth)

Here is what you need to do:

(1) Put 2 parts bleach to 1 part vinegar into the spray bottle. For example, if your spray bottle can hold 60 fluid oz., you would put 40 oz. of bleach with 20 oz. of vinegar. Cover the bottle and shake the mixture for a few seconds.
(2) Open up the doors and windows in your house to improve ventilation BEFORE proceeding.
(3)Wear a gas mask, if you have one, or tie the damp cloth around your nose. Also put on goggles to protect your eyes from any mist that may emanate from the spraying.
(4) Spray mixture directly onto areas with mildew and mold. You should start seeing the mildew and mold disappear right in front of your eyes.
(5) After a few hours, wipe away any excess mixture (if any) on the wall or ceiling using a clean damp (not soaking wet) piece of cloth.

Thatâ₉„¢s all there is to it. You now have a mildew and mold free ceiling and wall.

Back To Top